Since most of our children with Autism usually have ADHD also you NEED to read this!
Please have your child's eyes tested for visual problems. I am not talking about a regular eye exam! I am speaking to you about actual screening for eye issues. Did you know that 5% of all vision problems are caught by an eye chart?
IF YOU NOTICE:
The tilting of a head when trying to read
Covering one eye when reading
Sitting too close to the TV
Fatique when trying to read
HAVE YOUR CHILD'S EYE EXAMINED!
1. Eye Teaming Skills - The eyes do not work synchronized together.
2. Eye Tracking Issues: Eye can not follow a line of print.
3. Binocular Vision: The blending of images from two eyes into one
4. Accommodation: Eye Focusing
5. Visual-Motor Integration: Eye-Hand Coordination
6. Visual Perception: Visual memory, Visual form perception and
The treatment for learning related visual problems is very different from that of ADHD, Dyslexia, and Learning Disabilities. YES they all have the same symptoms!
Your child can have been dianosied with ADHD and have Visual Issues instead............SAME BEHAVIORS, DIFFERENT DIAGNOSIS!
You will need a COMPREHENSIVE VISION EXAMINATION if your child is struggling in school.
This information was brought to you by Children's Vision Information Network.
To read more go online to www.vtotworks.com
This site can give you a better insight as to what may be happening with your child. Remember if this is an issue then it can significantly affect your child's learning.
With vision training your child will be able to read and understand what they are seeing.